Sunday, May 06, 2007

Acceptance and Wanting To Feel Appreciated


Have you ever just wanted to feel appreciated? To feel like someone notices that you are there for them, and doesn’t take you for granted? Today has been one of those days. I’m not sure the person in question really takes me for granted, but just to be shown that I’m cared for, to be shown that the person cares for how I feel and for my wants, which would be such a blessing.

Here’s the problem, though: I can’t care about that. I have to learn how to not care about other people, and to recognize that I can’t control other people. I have to let go of the things that are out of my control, like other people’s opinions about me. And so while a part of me is just really hoping that I will be noticed for being a kind and caring person, I need to let it go, and accept whatever is meant to happen.

I don’t know how some people do it, and wish I understood better the route towards acceptance. If there were a potion that could immediately make me accept, I would take it in an instant. But instead, I’ll just have to work through it, and try my best to learn how to accept things as they are. And maybe one day things will go my way, and I won’t have to accept that things aren’t going the way I wish they would.

Posted by Scottage at 12:55 AM / | |