Saturday, June 23, 2007

Elwood the Ugly Dog


Let me start by saying I am normally a fan of anything that walks around on 4 legs. I have a soft spot in my heart for even the homeliest of pets. And dogs, especially!

But man oh man, this is one ugly dog. Elwood is a 2 year old Chinese Crested and Chihuahua mixed breed, and won the competition for the world’s ugliest dog on Friday. He came in second last year, which has to make me wonder what the winner from last year looked like. Because, man, this dog is UGLY!

The dog comes from New Jersey, so maybe he was hanging out in a toxic dump too long or something. He’s earned the nicknames ET and Yoda, but to me he looks more like a gremlin once they’ve turned evil. Remember Spike? Spitting image, don’t you think? And don’t miss the big audacious named collar around his neck, completing the image.

Elwood’s owner, Karen Quigley, had this to say about the dog: "The breeder was going to euthanize him because she thought he was too ugly to sell. So ha ha, now Elwood's all over the Internet and people love him and adore him." I don’t know about know about adoring him, Karen, but he sure is funny to look at…from a distance.

Posted by Scottage at 9:41 AM / | |