Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Tag, You're It

Well, evidently I have been tagged. Never been tagged before, so I didn’t know what it was until a bit ago. But evidently it means that I’m supposed to answer these questions and add 4 more people that need to answer the question. People who I tag, please don’t be pissed at me. It’s fun, and maybe you’ll dig it.

BTW, Lydia was the one who tagged me. She’s got a great site, very funny, and she’s cute too. However, for inflicting this new burden on me, feel free to go to her site and inflict her with any ridicule you can think of. I suspect it’s a fitting punishment. Now, without further ado:

1: Black and White or Color; how do you prefer your movies?
Totally color, for the most part I get bored at B&W.

2: What is the one single subject that bores you to near-death?
Fashion. I just don’t get it, at all.

3: MP3s, CDs, Tapes or Records: what is your favorite medium
for prerecorded music?
MP3s…I have converted all my CDs to MP3, and it allows me to always have a good supply of fresh music at my fingertips.

4: You are handed one first class trip plane ticket to anywhere in the world and ten million dollars cash. All of this is yours provided that you leave and not tell anyone where you are going … Ever. This includes family, friends, everyone. Would you take the money and ticket and run?
See you…. I’ve picked up and left before, so it wouldn’t be horrible, I pick up the ties at the appropriate time. However, there is now someone, for the first time in a long time, that would give me pause, so maybe I wouldn’t now, but it’s not exactly against my nature.

5: Seriously, what do you consider the world’s most pressing issue now?
The growing divide between Islam and the Western world. As tensions continue to increase, I think this will become a more all-encompassing issue than any the world has faced since the 1930s.

6: How would you rectify the world’s most pressing issue?
Unfortunately, I think it will eventually come to war, and much sooner than any of us would want. Two months ago I would have said there were some things we could have done to at least delayed this, and given us time to find a diplomatic solution, but I think that time has passed.

7: You are given the chance to go back and change one thing in your life; what would that be?
I’m not big into regrets. You make the most out of your life, and keep moving forward.

8: You are given the chance to go back and change one event in world history, what would that be?
I would prevent the Holocaust.

9: A night at the opera, or a night at the Grand Ole’ Opry –Which do you choose?
Neither….perhaps a Rolling Stones concert?

10: What is the one great unsolved crime of all time you’d like to solve?
Who killed JFK? Although who paid for Florida's electorial votes in the 2000 presidential election would be a close second.

11: One famous author can come to dinner with you. Who would that be, and what would you serve for the meal?
Earnest Hemmingway, he would tell amazing stories. And I would serve swordfish.

12: You discover that John Lennon was right, that there is no hell below us, and above us there is only sky — what’s the first immoral thing you might do to celebrate this fact?
I’m a big believer in morality, independent of the existence of a heaven or hell; you need to be good to your neighbor and treat people fairly so all people can have a good life. So if I were to celebrate, it would only be with something that would only effect me, and not hurt anyone else. However, I’ve done much of that stuff, and don’t really care to try the other things,, so I’m not sure a celebration’s necessary.

OK, so time to tag 4 other people. Well, here goes, and everyone check these blogs out, they’re all great!
Desert Peace
Sonia-Belle
Hippie-Chick
AbbaGav

Posted by Scottage at 1:47 PM / | |