Monday, March 13, 2006

1st Contest Winner

I am pleased to announce that we have a winner in the first Nomadic contest! Congratulations to Percy of More Dark Lanes who won 250 credits for his vote that the greatest danger facing the Western World will be Overpopulation. Check out his blog, he writes well.

The poll has gotten excellent response, with 127 votes to date. So far the most votes have been received by the category “The Divide between Islam and the West”, which has received nearly 20% of the votes. More surprising is that the second most votes were received by the “other” category, which has received 18 votes, and many of the “other” responses were reproduced in a post last week. Other popular choices are “Global Warming”, “Dependence on Oil”, “Dilution of Freedom”, and “Terrorism”

I am going to leave the poll up, and reproduce it in a couple other areas. I will actually recreate it some time in the next couple days with the additional categories mentioned and the votes they received, and I will award another 250 BlogExchange credits in a raffle format next week. Additionally, I am setting aside 500 credits to distribute for the best comments made on my site throughout the week. I’ll give some credits each day I get a good comment, so let me hear your thoughts. I look forward to hearing from you.

Finally, my site is about to have its 10,000th visitor. Be the first person to email me once my counter turns over, and I’ll give you 250 credits for that as well. So participate at Perspectives of a Nomad, and let me help drive some traffic your way to thank you.

technorati tags: , ,


Posted by Scottage at 2:30 AM / | |