Thursday, April 20, 2006

Officially Over Feeling Sorry for Myself


OK, I'm not permitting myself to feel sorry for myself any more, I'm only going to look forward. I have no idea what exactly caused my site to crash today, but the only question now is how to get it back. I have contacted Blogger, with no response, but that doesn't surprise me.

By digging through every nook and cranny of my computer, I have found 180 of the original 270 posts, with about 25 of them being things I probably wont put back up there, like Thursday 13s and Random 10s. Content will be easy, but I may not be able to find links, so if I had linked to you in an earlier post, it may not be there now. I apologize in advance, but finding the specific links would take forever.

Along those lines, I'm looking for anyone who gets RSS feeds of my site, and might have old RSS feeds. I don't know quite how that works, but if you get an RSS feed of my site and might have old texts, please let me know.

Anyway, I'm trying to look on the bright side, so the nice advantage of this whole thing is that this will give me a chance to go back through some earlier posts, and I'll be building a sort of comprehensive favorites page with those. Also, when I start the rebuilding phase, I'll put a couple of the better post in my marque on the right side, check it out, you'll see some of my best stuff and biggest blunders. I mean, hey, if I can't laugh at myself, who can I laugh at?

A couple people have written me that they were on my blogroll, and I've found an old list of some people on my blogroll, but you will all be added, please post in either of these posts though so I can make sure I've got you.

Also, Pablo will be working on the new template over the next few days, and we could really use any comments, suggestions, errors you see, things you like, or opinions. So please tell me if you have any. Totally appreciated.

OK, that's it for me for now. But I'll be around, so feel free to contact me.

--Scottage

Posted by Scottage at 5:05 PM / | |