Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Snub Club

It used to be that people in all walks of like, public or private, would strive to get noticed by the President of the United States, to be part of his personal club, and that a bit of favor from the President could launch or greatly enhance careers, open up new channels of networking, and provide access to seemingly limitless funds and resources.

Today we have a far different club, though it appears to be just as popular: The Snub Club!

Yesterday we added Mick Jagger to the list, after he refused to give up rooms in Vienna to Bush and his entourage. Today, we add Jaime Pressly, of “My Name is Earl” fame. I’ve never watched the show, so I don’t know her role. In fact, I’m looking at her filmography, and I don’t think I’ve seen a single move that she’s been in.  But that may change.

I received my copy of TV Guide this morning (ok, bring on the jokes), and there was an interview with this blond somewhat goofy looking woman. I was just passing through to the new “Lost” article, but then, this question caught my eye: “You were recently invited to the White House, what was your reaction?”  Check out this answer:

I called my assistant and said, “Are supporting our troops? Or are we supporting them because George put them over there?” She said, “This isn’t about being there for the troops-it’s about having dinner with the President.” Now, I will do anything for the troops, because I’m from North Caroline where we have Army and Navy bases. But I want to support our troops coming home. We have enough problems in our own country. I hate all these pointless deaths. So I’m not going.


Good for your, Jaime, you just moved up a step from “who the hell is she?” to “cool woman” in my book. Sorry Pres, but only the good presidents get the hot actresses to come over for dinner.  Guess you’re sticking with home cooking tonight.  

And as for The Snub Club, we should all get hats!

Update

I got this brilliant video from Lisa Renee of Liberal Common Sense with a video made from Pink’s latest entry to the club, called Dear Mr. President. Take a look at it, it’s really well done!

technorati tags: , , ,


Posted by Scottage at 12:28 PM / | |