Friday, June 23, 2006

Your Views on Sarah Jane Porter, the AIDS Assassin

OK, maybe I’m beating a dead horse, but I just read the Yahoo Answers poll on Sarah Jane Porter.  For those of you who don’t know, Porter was infected with Aids by an Afro-Caribbean man, the father of her son, and subsequently attempted to have unprotected sex with as many Afro-Caribbean men as possible to get revenge.  She continued this while on parole awaiting trial, and refuses to give the authorities a list of the men she slept with.

The Yahoo Answers article is slightly off in that Porter received 32 months, as opposed to 36 months, for Grave Bodily Harm from a London court, and it now has been revealed that she could be out in as little as 2 years.  

The poll asks if Porter should be charged with murder when someone dies from the HIV virus that Porter infected them with, which a variety of lawyers say can’t happen since this would constitute double jeopardy. What struck me, though, were the respondents to Yahoo’s poll that indicated that the men had it coming since they engaged in unprotected sex with Porter.

So I have changed up the poll on the right side of my screen to examine your opinions on this issue.  Tell me what you think is the appropriate punishment for Sarah Jane Porter. Also, feel free to elaborate on your argument in the comments section of this post, and be rewarded with BE credits (I’ll give credits to all who respond, and 250 credits to the best response)

I think my opinion is clear: the action is deplorable, and they should either lock her up and throw away the key or provide her with the death sentence that would probably ease her suffering.  But I want to know what you think about this deadly predator.  Thanks for your comments and for participating in the poll!

A New Black Widow with an HIV Sting
More on Sarah Jane Porter, the Aids Assassin

technorati tags: , , , , , ,


Posted by Scottage at 9:21 AM / | |