Sunday, July 30, 2006

Mel Gibson Arrested for DUI, Blames It All on F***ing Jews; Police Cover It Up

Friday night, Mel Gibson was arrested for Driving Under the Influence.  Originally, the Malibu police reported that he had been arrested without incident, but TMZ.com later got hold of the original police report and a corroborating tape of the arrest, including a thorough berating of the arresting officer, his female partner, and the Jewish race.  

Once inside the car, a source directly connected with the case says Gibson began banging himself against the seat. The report says Gibson told the deputy, "You mother f****r. I'm going to f*** you." The report also says "Gibson almost continually [sic] threatened me saying he 'owns Malibu' and will spend all of his money to 'get even' with me."

The report says Gibson then launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements: "F*****g Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"  A law enforcement source says Gibson then noticed another female sergeant and yelled, "What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?"


Saturday, Gibson came back with an apology, to the police, and to his community. He does not, however, specifically apologize to the Jewish community.

In his statement, Gibson acknowledges that he had been drinking Thursday night and that "I did a number of things that were very wrong and for which I am ashamed. I drove a car when I should not have. ... I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person."

"I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable," the statement said. "I am deeply ashamed of everything I said."

He added: "Also, I take this opportunity to apologize to the deputies involved for my belligerent behavior. They have always been there for me in my community and indeed probably saved me from myself. I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry."


I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised, as Gibson has shown his anti-Semitism before, including his portrayal of the Jews’ role in the death of Jesus with the direction of the move “The Passion of the Christ” in 2004. Still, it’s hard to hear such ignorant statements from Gibson, who I have really enjoyed in such movies as “The Patriot”, “Braveheart”, and “Lethal Weapon”. I guess it just goes to show how little intelligence has to do with talent.

technorati tags: , , , ,


Posted by Scottage at 12:46 AM / | |