Friday, May 26, 2006

Simple Pleasures Meme


I have been tagged by Willis University, and so here we go.  In this meme, I am supposed to name some of life’s simple pleasures that I like the most.  So without further ado, here we go:

  1. The different tastes of different individuals – Because different people like different things, the world is a richer place with all sorts of different pastimes and topics to interest us.

  1. Different cultures to learn about – Each culture has its own unique ways and special beauties.  I’ve been fortunate to experience many, and still have many to experience, but I’m thankful for them every day.

  1. Israel – The existence of the State of Israel means security for me and my people, it means there is a country that will always protect me against the hatred that is sometimes expressed towards Jews.

  1. Music – I’m a huge lover of music, and a number of different types of music and genres.

  1. The ability to play music – A related topic, Music provides me with a creative outlet, a way to express myself outside the box, and I am glad such a channel exists for me.

  1. A woman’s hug – I know people think that all I think about is sex, but really that’s more my sense of humor than reality.  Truly, I just like to hug a woman, feel her close, know that, at least for a second, I’m not alone in the world.  

  1. My car – I’m a huge believer in freedom, and love the ability to just hop in my car and experience some place now. Frankly, It’s become much harder to do this, now that gas prices are so high and I feel like it’s irresponsible to just take a 4,000 mile drive. But I never feel more alive then when I’m on the road.

  1. My computer – I know, it’s weird to think of a computer as something to be thankful for, but it’s allowed me, a pretty isolated person to connect with the rest of the world, and even express my views. So what’s not to be thankful for?

  1. My family – My family is great, filled with amazing individuals, each with their own areas of knowledge and specialty that they can illuminate me on.  They’re all really special people, and while we don’t always get along 100%, I’m more than thankful for them.

  1. My friends – I’ve had really great friends all around the world. The crazy thing is it’s not always possible to keep in touch with people, since I never know where I’m going to be day to day.  But I still feel the attachment, the closeness with these people I’ve met along the journey, and I guess that’s forever.

OK, a bit sappy, but that’s my list of 10 things I’m thankful for. Now, Willis tagged a small army of people, but I’m going to stick to 4 bloggers.  So tag, you’re it, to:

Desert Peace
Sonia Belle
MsCatEyes
Gidget Bones

Posted by Scottage at 2:58 AM / | |