Thursday, March 16, 2006

President Bush Voted in my Blog Poll!

No, he didn’t stop sign in, though he really should of, as I say so many, ahem, kind things about him. But he must have read about the poll, and not only did he respond but he had a whole report written up to back his statements.



President Bush said Thursday Iran may pose the greatest challenge to the United States and diplomacy to thwart the Islamic nation's nuclear program must prevail to avoid confrontation.



Well, this is unprecedented: while I don’t agree with George Bush that Iran is the greatest danger today (I’ve mentioned before I think that it’s the split between Islam and the West, and Ahmadinejad’s Iran is but one player in this controversy), I don’t wholly disagree with him, and that’s a start!


Bush goes on to point out other dangers: Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Russia and China, all from the poll. I must say I found his reason for putting Russia on the list was more than ironic:


On Russia, Bush said recent trends show a waning commitment to democratic freedoms and institutions. "Strengthening our relationship will depend on the policies, foreign and domestic that Russia adopts," he said.



Bush, criticizing Russia, the ex-Soviet Republic, for holding fast to democratic principles, while the US, the supposed “beacon of freedom”, continually eliminates the freedoms that our society is built around. That’s just too bizarre for me!


Anyway, I do want to thank Dubya for stopping by, and taking the time to make a public response to my poll. I offered him some BE credits, but he said that unless he could trade them for oil, he wasn’t interested. But regardless, thanks for stopping by, and don’t let the door hit you in the butt.


technorati tags: , , , , , ,


Posted by Scottage at 6:48 PM / | |